Call for submissions: Vendor Submission for Popup Craft Show on 12/17
Ideal Arts Craft Show Description and Terms
The Ideal Arts Space is located in the old Ideal movie theater (905 W. 36th St.) on “the Avenue” in Hampden. This space features a 40 foot wide store-front window allowing Hampden’s foot traffic (some of the best in the city!) to see our exciting events inside.
This Popup Craft Show will be a one day event on Saturday, December 17th from 11am to 4pm.
12/17 -Ieal Arts Popup Craft Show Vendor Application is available here
- Immediately – Application form is open!
- 11/19 – Final Due Date for submission applications
- 12/3 – The Ideal Arts Curator will send an invoice via email for booth fees and provide an email describing your booth location
- 12/10- Booth fee payments are due
Event schedule for the event itself on 12/17:
- 12/16 – 9:00pm to 10:00pm — Late night load in for anyone who would like to get a head start on unloading your merchandise and booth.
- 8:00am – The Ideal Arts Space opens for Load-in and booth setup
- 11am to 4pm – The event will be open to the public
- 4pm to 5pm – load-out and cleanup. While minor cleanup can happen between 3&4pm, we ask that all vendors keep their booths open until 4pm.
Based on some feedback from you, our artists, we have made the following changes to the event to try to improve it!
- The Ideal Arts Space will staff a “barker” outside on the sidewalk to help make local foot traffic aware of the event!
- We will create a poster image for artists to use to help publicize via Instagram or Facebook (or social media of choice)
- We will create hard copies of those images to use as flyers and hand-bills to publicize around Hampden both before and during the event
- We have re-arranged out booths to create buffer space between booths. At this show, booths will border another booth on one side and have an opening on the other for entry/exit.
- We’ve pushed out public hours back one hour later in the day to try to take advantage of some of the Hampden pre-dinner foot traffic
- We would like to remind you all that our overhead lighting is soft, but we have plenty of accessible electrical outlets if you wish to bring your own supplemental lighting.
Terms of Popup Show
This show will feature primarily 6x5ft booth either backing a wall or railing ($65) or in the center of the space backing another artist ($50). We will also have some 10×10 booths available upon request for ($120) Please note that booths may not extend deeper than 5ft to allow for walkway aisles between booths. You can see the map of our available booths here
However!! Because we know the holiday season is busy for vendors, the Ideal Arts Space is offering $10 off the above booth fees!
The Ideal Arts Space will provide:
- Accessible electrical outlets for displays that need power. (Vendors are encouraged to bring extension cords and/or power strips if needed)
- Soft overhead lighting (Vendors are encouraged to bring their own lighting if a bright display is needed to properly see your merchandise)
- Limited slat-wall hooks upon request
- Light refreshments
- Access to wifi if needed for online credit card processing (ie: square or paypal). However, the Ideal’s wifi cannot provide bandwidth for more data intensive needs such as streaming video
- Appropriate background music
- Online and storefront marketing. (Artists are encouraged to reach out to their social networks to raise awareness about each event).
- A “Barker” during the event to help make passing street traffic aware of the show
- A poster image that will be shareable for publicity via Facebook and Instagram
- A Facebook event for artists to invite their fans
- Folding chairs to use in booths (if desired)
Questions about submissions or pop up shows in general can be directed to: